Skip to content
Adopt, don’t shop! BloomingPaws offers multiple benefits for Bloomington Animal Shelter adoptions.
- Free Wellness Exam: Our veterinarians will perform a complimentary nose-to-tail wellness exam on dogs, cats, rabbits, and any other species adopted from the shelter. Notify our veterinary staff of your adoption when you schedule your appointment and bring all relevant paperwork.
- Useful Information: Our veterinarians will tailor educational information to you and your newly adopted pet’s specific needs. Informative handouts and documents will be organized in new pet folders that we make just for you.
- Online Tools: Personalize your Petly Pet Parent Portal. This allows you to access your pet’s medical files online at home or while you are traveling. View up-to-date health records for your adopted pet, search for information on pet-related issues, request appointments, and prescription refills. Note: As of November 1, 2019, BloomingPaws will be switching our online pet care management tool to PetDesk. You can learn more on our PetDesk page.
- Free Behavior Consultation: Pet parents who bring in a dog from the Bloomington Animal Shelter can ask our professional dog Trainer for a free behavior consultation. This is a valuable service for puppies as well as older dogs adopted from the Shelter. Please email our lead trainer at email@example.com to make an appointment or for more information.
- Free Grooming Assessment: BloomingPaws’ experienced grooming staff can give you free cost estimates on recommended grooming services for your dog or cat adopted from the Bloomington Animal Shelter. They will also show you how to properly groom and care for your new pet.
- A Free Day of Daycare: Your dog from the Bloomington Animal Shelter could qualify for a free day of daycare! If you’re interested in Group Play, your newly adopted dog’s first day of evaluation is free. Check out our Group Play Questionnaire if you’re interested. This can only be redeemed once per pet. It’s a good way to get to know us, and for us to get to know your dog!
Pet parents will have to schedule each service independently. Call us to get started.